Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Catholic Mom's Prayer Companion: A Book of Daily Reflections

My 2017 morning routine typically includes reading the daily reflection from The Catholic Mom's Prayer Companion: A Book of Daily Reflections edited by Lisa Hendey and Sarah Reinhard. After reading the daily readings, I often reach for my prayer companion.

Typically around a page or less, the reflections are realistic to read before getting ready for the day. Aside from the length, I also appreciate the consistent format of having a quote, the reflection, a prayer and something to ponder. Further, each month has a theme, such as Resolutions in January and Calm in the Chaos in May. Often I feel a sense of connection to validate feelings I have been having or my thinking is pushed by the authors.

I began reading the first weeks of the book alongside others as part of the St. Teresa's Online Book Club on Facebook. Though I often did not discuss online (I'm finding that the books we discuss weekly vs. daily are more realistic for me to regularly participate in), I appreciated the sense of community.

I look forward to continuing to read this book for the rest of 2017 and then decide whether to keep it in order to re-read in a future year or to think of someone to pass it on to for 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.